Monday, July 25, 2011

Flower Girl Basket & Ring Bearer "Pillow"

A few things I learned while on the hunt for wedding accessories. . . (not really new info). .

  1. Flower girl baskets and ring bearer pillows are a lot of money if you get them custom made
  2. All of the craft stores have the same exact items (JoAnn's Fabrics, Michael's Crafts, and ACMoore)
  3. Even if you look for the custom made ones, they don't always have unique ideas
THEREFORE. .


I made my own. :) I have made flower girl baskets and ring bearer pillows (and guest books) for several of my friends weddings, so I don't know why I just didn't do this from the get go! :) I am sure Jackson will love it!

I decided to make Jeff a ring bearer "pillow" out of a soft soccer ball, since he used to play soccer and it is his favorite sport. Then I decided to add his college (UVA) colors. It is just something fun! :)

The flower girl basket matches the wedding colors and pearl theme. Avery will look adorable carrying it. :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Super cute! Wish I was crafty, but I've decided there is no hope, haha!

Jlm said...

lol you are a good cook though I believe. . .i bet you will turn crafty when your little guy is old enough to participate in such things :)