Thursday, July 10, 2014

6 months old ... or Beckett's half birthday!

1/2 of one year....

6 months....

I. CAN'T. EVEN. BELIEVE. IT.

I feel like I say this every month, but time DOES fly! My big boy is growing like a weed! We don't have his six month appointment until the 22nd, but I stepped on the scale wihtout him and then with him, so I am figuring he is about 17 lbs...



He loves eating everything and anything ... except peas! :) So far he likes...

  • Avocados
  • Bananas (even in little finger food bites)
  • Green beans (a favorite)
  • Apples
  • Squash
  • Oatmeal (mixed with pretty much anything)
  • Sweet potato
  • Pears
  • Peaches
  • Apple, Banana, Strawberry combo
  • Rice Puffs in sweet potato and apple cinnamon flavors
  • Tater tots (in small pieces of course)
.......and anything he can try to swipe off my plate :)


 He is sitting up so well now and loves playing on the floor with his toys, and Bella's tail. :)

This purple sea lion is his absolute favorite toy!

He had four BIG firsts during his sixth months (among many others):
  1. Went to Frying Pan Park and encountered farm animals. He loved the sheep and the rabbits the most.
  2. He rode in the shopping cart like a big boy.
  3. He sat in a high chair at Panera like a big boy. 
  4. He went to the community swimming pool.







He loves interacting with other babies now and has play dates at least once or twice a week. . .
 He goes to stroller strides with mommy (a workout routine .. google Fit4Mom Ashburn .. it is great)!

He aged out of his SwimKids swim lessons (tear)

He is SO close to crawling! He rolls constantly and can push himself off and scoot just a little. I am sure he will be all over the place soon enough. :)

He takes two big naps: a morning nap for about 1 - 2 hours and an afternoon nap for 2 - 3 hours. Some evenings he takes a cat nap for about thirty minutes (during which time Jeff and I actually try to eat this thing called dinner). He goes to bed around 7:30 or 8 and wakes up between 4 am and 6 am to eat. Then he goes back to bed until about 8 am. I am so thankful he loves to sleep in because I am definitely not a morning person!




No comments: