Monday, December 21, 2009

Summer catch up. . .

Okay-before I start, this is a general recap of the summer. I thought I would take advantage of this snow day and update my blog!
This summer was one with big change for me! I went from a modified calendar (year-round) school to a traditional school (regular calendar), moved to McLean, and changed schools. All great changes but it was a lot to adjust to all at once! In the midst of these changes I was able to be in two of my best friend's weddings! Lauren T and Lauren W - and they are now both Lauren M. . . Which is weird in itself!

Lauren W.'s wedding took place in Lynchburg and was so much fun! Before all the relaxation began, I through a shower for Lauren. We had it a lovely italian resturaunt and her friends and family (who were in town) all joined. The food was unbelievable and the service-spectacular! I spent quite a few days in Lynchburg visiting with ALL my girls! We went shopping, to the gym, out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. . .Starbucks, Panera, and Coldstone were a must! We got our hair and nails done. . . and maybe had a couple fun nights out! :) It was so relaxing and such enjoyable quality time. At the end of the week it was time for Lauren to get married. The weather was perfect (thank gosh, because it was outdoors and they night before was gross -our heels were getting stuck in mud and the bugs wouldn't leave us alone) and everything went beautifully!




Next it was off to North Carolina for Lauren T.'s wedding! It was a long drive, but so much fun! Lauren W. and Jill were also in the wedding, which made it especially entertaining! We started with the rehearsal. The dinner was held in a charming early 1900's style house with sparkling chandeliers.After the rehearsal dinner all the ladies went back to my hotel room and we ate food, had some terrific wine, and hung out in our PJ's. It was like we were in college all over again. The next day, it was time for LT to become another L.M. :) We got ready at the church. During the wedding LT's husband sung a gorgeous song which he wrote especially for her. The reception was breathtaking: between the tall centerpieces, the monogrammed dance floor, unbelievable lighting, and delicious food- LT certainly had the fairytale wedding she always dreamed of!



Next it was off to the beach with my parents for a week! Then I spent time with the newest Kipp addition and Danielle and her adorable little guy-Logan. What a fun break!

No comments: