Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sewing Adventures: Door Jammer & Elephant


I bought a sewing machine over the summer with the high hopes of creating a Halloween costume for B! I am not there yet, but I have made two projects now.

The door jammer... Allows a door to close softly and not wake the baby. Such a lifesaver! 

It is just two rectangles of fabric (about the size of a 3 x 5 index card), some batting, and pretty ribbon to tie the handles. 

Then I made a cute stuffed elephant for my friend's new baby girl (who has an elephant themed room). The template can be found here: http://birchfabrics.blogspot.com/2013/07/free-pattern-tutorial-henry-helga.html?m=1

She turned out to be super cute! 


You can add rice to the feet to make it stand or fill the entire elephant with rice to make it a cool/hot boo boo healer (or door stop). 



Next project: Dinosaur for Beckett! And then his Halloween costume! 

No comments: