Friday, February 28, 2014

Lactation Cookies ... Oh boy they do work

In a lot of my mommy groups there is always talk about lactation cookies and how they help to increase your milk supply. I was skeptical, so I decided to make some (see recipe and pictures below). It wasn't hype, they really made a difference. Between the oatmeal and the brewer's yeast I was pumping an extra two or three bottles a day. I ate about two cookies a day. Now, I only have them a couple times a week. They aren't the yummiest cookie in the world, but they do the trick.

My husband loves to eat the dough and says it is better than the actual cookie, but it does have raw egg. I would rather have the cookie. It has become my dessert, which isn't too bad!

There are a LOT of ingredients . . . . 



ü  1 Cup butter
ü  1 cup sugar
ü  1 cup brown sugar
ü  4 tablespoons water
ü  2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
ü  2 large eggs
ü  1 teaspoon vanilla
ü  2 cups plain flour
ü  1 teaspoon baking soda
ü  1 teaspoon salt
ü  3 cups oats
ü  1 cup chocolate chips (I may add a few more sometimes)
ü  2 - 3 tablespoons of brewer's yeast (most health food stores have this - I find mine at GNC or the Vitamin Shop)

    What to do . . . 

 

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees *

1. Mix together flaxseed meal and water, then set it aside for about 3 - 5 minutes (it will form a light paste)

2. Cream together butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time mixing well

3. Stir in flaxseed mixture

4. Mix in vanilla and butter - beat until well blended

5. Sift together all of the dry ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips

6. Add sifted mixture to wet mixture.

7. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. 




8. Use a cookie scoop and put onto a greased or lined cookie sheet

9. Bake for 12 minutes 



 


No comments: