Sunday, January 26, 2014

Quick Advice for New Moms



FOOD

Use www.takethemameal.com (have a friend set it up - Thanks Christi) to set up meals for 3 - 4 weeks it is a freaking lifesaver! It has helped with stress and not eating junk. Thank you to all of the thoughtful people who have been feeding us. We set up meals for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. It is hard enough to pick up around the house and shower, let alone cook real food. I'm already scared for when they stop coming (ha!).

TIME-OUT


  • Change your clothes everyday even if you aren't going anywhere - you will feel more productive and like a human being
  • Take quiet time each day - for me it is with a Bible verse and some tea. It keeps me centered and gives me patience
  • Take a break - I felt guilty about Jeff and I going out and then me going out, but it was good for my mental health 

 FOLLOW ORDERS

Follow your doctor's orders about rest, driving, lifting, etc - they aren't joking, they know what they are talking about. I ended up being in a lot of pain one day because I overdid it. . . whoops


LOVE 

Love your spouse - try to not take things out on them during this time. Jeff is my rock and when I am overwhelmed he is amazing, so I try not to take my overwhelmed feelings out on him - he is learning too 

Check out my "All you really need is ..." post for a few more tips!

No comments: