Monday, January 27, 2014

Survived Week 2 - Woo Hoo


I can't believe our little man is already two weeks old! He is changing so much already! We are really settling in to motherhood and fatherhood and it feels amazing. This week has been vastly different from last week for several reasons...
  • We are breast feeding on demand which has been much less stressful (although it is still not a walk in the park - this little man would prefer a bottle which he can finish in a few minutes)
  • He is sleeping at one 5 hour stretch at night (AMAZING - HAPPY DANCE) - this is particularly helpful for someone like me, who is a horrible napper (Jeff, of course, can nap anywhere at any time - darn him)
  • I am finally feeling a little more mobile, although I still can't lift things or move certain ways
  • Jeff and I got out of the house once together and then I got out for the first time by myself. It was helpful, especially since it is flu season and so cold out.. I don't want to expose this little guy to those things quite yet
  • I can fit my rings back on my finger (yay - It's the little things)

We had Baby B's two week appointment this week and he weighs 7 lbs 8 1/2 ozs, which is not quite his birth weight. We are still working on improving that. :)
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow design






Fun firsts for this week. . . 
  1. Newborn photo shoot
  2. First bath at home
  3. First real outfits worn
  4. First home date for mom and dad (cards and wine)

No comments: